Advance Chemical Peel Treatment
Chemical Peels are cosmetic treatments that can be applied to the face, hands and neck. These are used to improve the appearance of the skin.
During this process, some chemical solutions will be applied to the area being treated. It causes the skin to exfoliate and gradually peel off.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us for Free Doctor Consultation
Facts About Chemical Peels
WHY SHOULD YOU GO FOR CHEMICAL PEELS?
There are a number of reasons people may get chemical peels. They may be trying to treat variety of things, such as:
- Wrinkles/Fine Lines
- Sun Damage
- Acne Scars
- Uneven Skin Tone
WHAT TYPE OF CHEMICAL PEELS ARE AVAILABLE?
There are three different types of chemical peels:
- Superficial Peels: These use mild acids like Alpha-Hydroxy Acid to gently exfoliate the skin. This only penetrates the outermost layer of the skin.
- Medium Peels: These use Trichloro-Acetic or Glycolic Acid to reach the middle layer of skin. This is effective to remove the damaged skin cells.
- Deep Peels: These peels often use Phenol or Trichloro-Acetic Acid which fully penetrates the center most portion of the skin to remove the dead cells.
HOW IS THE CHEMICAL PEEL DONE?
Chemical Peels are usually conducted in a medical environment. Before the procedure, your face will be cleaned and eye protection gauze maybe applied. Your Doctor may numb the area with a local anesthesia.
During the light peel a cotton ball, gauze and brush will be used to apply the chemical solution like salicylic acid to the area being treated. The skin may start to whiten and may have a slight stinging sensation. Once complete, the chemical solution shall be removed.
HOW DO YOU PREPARE FOR A CHEMICAL PEEL?
Before the procedure, you shall consult a skin care specialist. During your visit, they will help you determine the best possible options. Specifics related to the chemical peel type shall be discussed.
Before the chemical peel treatment, you must:
- Not use any type of retinol medication for at least 48 hours.
- Inform your skincare specialist about any allergies
- Stop waxing, epilating and usage of any hair removal creams the week before the peel
- Stop using facial scrubs
- Stop usage of any painkiller
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF CHEMICAL PEELS?
Common side effects are very temporary, they include redness, dryness, burning and slight swelling.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS OUTCOME
Recovery time varies for different types of peels . For Light Chemical Peels, time taken to show results is between 4-7 days. If taken any Medium Chemical Peel, your skin will show results in about 10 days. Your new skin will form crusts and torns before revealing new skin.
For Deep Chemical Peels, you may feel some severe swelling and redness in the beginning with slight burning sensation.
Follow your doctors advice on how often to wash the area and use moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated. Try to avoid the usage of make-up or other cosmetics until few weeks.